As I am sure you are aware, we have recently been provided with an RFU update that we continue to be at Stage A of the Return to Community Rugby Roadmap. We are very pleased to confirm that in line with the RFU Roadmap, we can move to Stage D1 from the 29th March for all groups of the club. I attach the link below of the update:
1 2 1 2 ready4 rugby & some contact training adapted law matches full contact training full contact matches all restrictions lifted until 29th mar ch
As always, the safety of all members of the OPM Family is paramount. The Executive Committee met this week and can provide the following information to all OPM members for all Seniors, Touch & Juniors:
- We have consulted with all sections to discuss our options and are aiming to provide training from the 29th March 2021 in line with the RFU guidance.With the constantly changing picture, we are reviewing friendly match provision in the near future and we will continue to follow all COVID and RFU protocols as previously for training, social distancing, monitoring attendance and use of the equipment and facilities.
- Please note that although from the 29th March, we move to the Governments second stage of lifting the Lockdown, COVID is still a very real presence in our society. This means that any individual who attends OPM training or matches is at risk of contracting COVID and may need to self-isolate should a confirmed case happen in any section of the club and informed through Track & Trace or other means.
- It is the individual’s, parents or coach’s responsibility to decide if they wish to continue playing rugby at this time and it is a decision for each individual to make in the current and ever-changing situation however, we will try to provide rugby wherever possible
- Anyone who is feeling unwell or has any symptoms should not attend training and follow COVID guidance as normal.
- For the Junior section, parent reps or coaches will update all parents before training restarts with further information
- The Elburton clubhouse will only have a small section open for toilets to be used and will be monitored and cleaned accordingly.
We as an Executive Committee and Club are very pleased at this news and look forward to being able to provide rugby again however must make everyone in the OPM Family aware of the potential risks and actions that we as a club are taking to ensure the safety of all members.
Please note that we will be continuing to monitor the national situation and RFU recommendations however we are very much looking forward to welcoming all members of the OPM family back to playing the game that they love.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to make contact with the Executive Committee or Coaching Teams.
OPM Chairman, OPM RFC